BILL BOWKER'S PICKS
In no particular order….
LUTHER DICKINSON “Rock n’ Roll Blues”
ROSANNE CASH “The River and the Thread”
RODNEY CROWELL “Tarpaper Sky”
HOWELLDEVINE “Modern Sounds of Ancient Juju”
DAVE & PHIL ALVIN “Common Ground”
JAREKUS SINGLETON “Refuse to Lose”
JOHN HIATT “Terms of My Surrender”
MARKUS JAMES “Head for the Hills”
LUCINDA WILLIAMS “ Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone”
AMY MCCARLEY “Jet Engines”
In no particular order….
Lucinda Williams – Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone
Rodney Crowell – Tarpaper Sky
Tom Petty – Hypnotic Eye
Beck – Morning Phase
David Nelson Band – Once in A Blue Moon
Hurray For The Riff Raff – Small Town Heroes
Old Crow Medicine Show – Remedy
Hard Working Americans – The First Waltz
BOB SALA'S PICKS
Fave new releases,mostly:
Dave and Phil Alvin
-Can't even get Wrong Right
Old Crow Medicine
- Terms of my Surrender
-A Reasonable Amount of Trouble. Playing now
- Too Blessed to be Stressed
And...Max Buda Band
-The Movie Theme Murders.(Don't Ask)
Bela Fleck&Abigail Washburn
Marty O'Reilly+The Old Soul Orch
-Pray For Rain
Dylan & The Band
- Basement Tapes RaWillie Watson-Folk Songs Vol.1
Hooray for the Riff-Raff
- Small Town Heroes
Again, not all are new, but either am I.
Bob Sala,This day,12/17/14 I do attest.
BIG DAVE'S PICKS
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Give the People What They Want
Common Ground: Dave Alvin And Phil Alvin Play And Sing The Songs Of Big Bill Broonzy
Robert Gordon - I'm Coming Home
Jack Bruce - Silver Rails
Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone - Lucinda Williams
Jason D. Williams - Hillbillies and Holy Rollers
David Nelson Band - Once In A Blue Moon
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hypnotic Eye
Jerry Lee Lewis - Rock & Roll Time
Lost on the River: The New Basement Tapes
Lake Street Dive- Bad Self-Portraits
Beck- Morning Phase
St. Paul & the Broken Bones- Half the City
Groundation- A Miracle
John Butler Trio- Flesh & Blood
Angus & Julia Stone- self-titled
Jamestown Revival- Utah
JD McPherson- Warm Covers (EP)
Brigitte DeMeyer- Savannah Road
Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn- self-titled
ROBIN PRESSMAN'S PICKS
- The River and the Thread - Her best ever - Every song lyric is deep and meaningful - and more is revealed as you listen over time - an incredible production all around with her husband John Leventhal
Hurray For the Riff Raff
- Small Town Heroes - just terrific songs with a sound that pulls you in. I love everything about this record.
- Silver Ladder - produced by Chuck Prophet pushing the great songwriter, Peter Mulvey, out of his comfort zone and up to the next level - Go Peter!
Looking Into You
- Tribute To Jackson Brown - Multiple Artists
Birds of Chicago
- Live from Space - Allison Russel's voice with JT Nero's songwriting in a live concert setting - a great ride
- The Nocturne Diaries - grammy nominated - person songs and lots of social and political commentary, with that Eliza voice
- The Red Album - They finally recorded Richard Thompson's song about their namesake - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning!
- Georgia I'm Here - a gorgous songwriter - "Fall Down as the Rain" always brings calls from tearful listeners
Nell Robinson and The Rose of No-Man's Land
- local musician with an american family's musical journey through the wars and trials from the American Revolution to the Present
The Hot Nut Riveters
- Moustashe Girl - the wacky reincarnation of The Asylum Street Spankers
MARY G. GRAHAM'S PICKS
OK, I'll have to say...
Rodney Crowell's Tarpaper Sky
John Hiatt's,Terms of my Surrender.
Marcia Ball, Tattooed Lady and the Alligator Man!